Frequently Asked Questions

OARC's staff is always eager to provide answers and suggestions.
Please contact us with your questions. You can reach us at (215) 549-9462.


Q.    Where can I find funding for my start up business?
A.    Unfortunately, lenders rarely invest in start-ups because they require several years of history with operating a business. Soliciting investors to get started, or contacting the Philadelphia Department of Commerce are both good places to start.

Q.    Where can I find affordable housing?
A.    OARC's housing counseling subsidiary, West Oak Lane Community Development   Corporation, can point you in the right direction for all of your housing needs. Please Call 215-224-0880 for more information.

Q.    Where can neighborhood youth find employment?

A.    State Representative Dwight Evans' office is an excellent place to begin your search. His office can provide you with the information and resources you'll need.